Frequently Asked Questions1) Q: What Dive Computers are eligible for the Inspection, Repair or Replacement Program?
A: The Inspection, Repair or Replacement Program is limited to the following models of Suunto Dive Computers that were manufactured since January 1, 2006 and purchased in Canada: Cobra, Cobra 2, Cobra 3, Cobra 3 Black, Vyper, Vyper Novo, Vyper 2, Vyper Air, HelO2, Gekko, Vytec, Vytec DS, Zoop, Zoop Novo, Mosquito, D4, D6, D9, D4i, D6i, D4i Novo, D6i Novo, D9tx, and DX. You are not eligible if you purchased your Dive Computer used or for resale.
2) Q: How do I know when my Dive Computer was manufactured?
A: The date of manufacture can be determined from the serial number on your Dive Computer. For Dive Computer models that are meant to be worn on the wrist, the serial number is located on the side of the product. For larger display models, the serial number is located under the back cover that must be unscrewed.
The serial number is in three formats:
• 8 digits: the first number is the last digit of the year of manufacture, except for serial numbers beginning with “99” (see examples below).
• 10 digits: the first two numbers are the last two digits of the year of manufacture (e.g. 1234567890 – manufacture year is 2012).
• Serial number that starts with “99xxxxxx”: third number is the last digit of the year of manufacture (e.g. 99046502 – manufacture year is 2010).
All 8 digit serial numbers with “7” as the fourth digit, were manufactured after January 1, 2006. If your 8 digit serial number does not have a “7” as the fourth digit, (e.g. 6123456 or 99046502), the first digit is the last digit of the manufacture year. For example, a Dive Computer with serial number 6123457, was manufactured in 2006.
3) Q: Does the Inspection, Repair or Replacement Program cover all types of problems with my Dive Computer?
A: No. The Inspection, Repair or Replacement Program covers problems with the depth pressure sensor. Potential depth pressure sensor failures include the Dive Computer showing the wrong depth or temperature, showing erratic depth or temperature, not reacting to pressure changes, not showing depth, self-diving, or being stuck in an ER mode related to depth pressure sensor failure. However, these indications may not be conclusive of a depth pressure sensor failure. Your Dive Computer must be inspected to determine if it has a depth pressure sensor failure.
4) Q: How do I submit my Dive Computer for inspection?
A: You must complete and submit an Inspection, Repair or Replacement Claim Form either online at www.suunto.com or http://www.suuntodivecomputersettlement.ca, in person at an authorized Suunto service centre, or by mail to [Suunto address]. A Suunto representative will contact you within approximately seven (7) days of submitting your completed Inspection, Repair or Replacement Claim Form to provide you information on how and where to send your Dive Computer. Suunto will cover the costs associated with shipping your Dive Computer to a service centre for inspection.
5) Q: Where can I obtain an Inspection, Repair or Replacement Claim Form?
A: Inspection, Repair or Replacement Claim Forms can be found online at www.suunto.com or http://www.suuntodivecomputersettlement.ca or by contacting Suunto at [telephone number]. You can either submit the complete claim form online or print it and submit it by mail to the address identified above.
6) Q: Where are Suunto’s authorized service centres?
A: Suunto has one authorized Suunto service centre in Canada. It is HUISH OUTDOORS located at Unit 7 – 3771 North Fraser Way, Burnaby, British Columbia, V5J 5G5.
7) Q: What happens during the inspection?
A: All inspections are conducted pursuant to Suunto’s current service manuals. Consistent with those service manuals, each Dive Computer will receive a physical assessment, review of the dive logs if available, a test dive, condensation test, and any additional testing that is needed to determine if there is a depth pressure sensor failure.
8) Q: Who will conduct the inspection?
A: All inspections are conducted by trained technicians at an authorized Suunto service centre.
9) Q: Do I have to pay anything for the inspection?
A: No. The inspection is free.
10) Q: When will I receive the results of the inspection?
A: The inspection will be completed within approximately fourteen (14) days of receipt by the service centre of the Dive Computer. Suunto will contact you in writing within approximately seven (7) days of completion of the inspection with the results of the inspection.
11) Q: What happens if the authorized Suunto service centre finds the depth pressure sensor in my Dive Computer failed?
A: If the authorized Suunto service centre finds, based on the inspection, that the depth pressure sensor in the Dive Computer has failed, Suunto will repair the Dive Computer or provide a replacement for free. The replacement dive computer may be new or refurbished but will have the same, similar, or better functionality to your original Dive Computer. The replacement dive computer also comes with a five-year standard warranty on a future depth pressure sensor failure.
12) Q: What happens if the authorized Suunto service centre finds that the depth pressure sensor in my Dive Computer did not fail?
A: If the authorized Suunto service centre finds, based on the inspection, that the Dive Computer’s depth pressure sensor has not failed, Suunto will contact you in writing within approximately seven (7) days of completion of the inspection with the results of the inspection and will arrange for return of your Dive Computer.
Note, the Parties have entered into a Settlement Agreement. The full Settlement Agreement controls any perceived conflicts between the Settlement Agreement and these FAQs.
13) Q: How long do I have to seek inspection of my Dive Computer under the Inspection, Repair, and Replacement Program if I believe my depth pressure sensor has failed?
A: You are entitled to have your Dive Computer inspected by an authorized Suunto service centre to determine whether your Dive Computer has a faulty depth pressure sensor for a period of the longer of either eight years from the date the Dive Computer was manufactured or three years from the date of the Final Order.
14) Q: How long do I have to participate in the Reimbursement Program?
A: You have until February 28, 2023 to file Reimbursement Claim Form.